Honduras Medical Ministry
This summer Mount Pleasant will take a medical team to assist at Clinic Cristiana Cuerpo de Cristo (Body of Christ Christian Clinic). This clinic began under the administration of Tom and Carol Jeffries with the help of FAME. It has undergone several expansions since then, and God continues to add to the areas of service provided...from general medicine, optometry, dentistry, OBGYN, laboratory, and hopefully more to come in the near future. The focus of the clinic is on providing quality medical care that would otherwise not be affordable to those in their area, care that often at any price is not close at hand. They see patients from their general area, but often from word of mouth they will see patients from a great distance as well.
You can reach out to Dr. Scott McDaniel, trip leader, with any questions; [email protected]
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Approved team members can send completed forms and photocopies of your passport to:
Heidi; [email protected]
Mount Pleasant Christian Church
381 N Bluff Rd.
Greenwood, IN 46142
|$160.00||Non refundable deposit at time of application|
|$1,440.00||Trip balance due Due 6/1/2023|
Oct 16 2022
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM EDT
Info Meeting ONE
Come to this informational meeting to hear details about this particular trip as well as MPCC short term mission trip general logistics. Here you will get the team goals and objectives, meet other potential team members, and hear from the team leader. Also, everyone will have an opportunity to get answers to their questions and get information on how to get registered.
Nov 20 2022
10:45 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Info Meeting TWO
A second opportunity to hear all about the details of this incredible short term mission trip opportunity!
Jan 29 2023
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM EST
Team Meeting 1 Required
At this meeting you will meet your team, begin with a devotion, review the vision of this mission trip, review logistics (expectations, due dates and forms), have questions answered, collect paperwork and/or funds. This is 100 days before the team leaves. Application and Deposit (10%) are due.
Team Member Covenant (purple form) Required
Completed by everyone
Confidential Health Questionnaire (orange form) Required
Completed by everyone
Adult Legal Release (green form) Required
Completed by participants 18 or older
Minor Legal Release (blue form) Required
Completed by parent/guardian for participants under 18
Permission to Travel in a Foreign Country (red form) Required
Completed by parent/guardian for participant under 18 attending a trip without a parent. Please note: THIS FORM MUST BE NOTARIZED.
Policies and Procedures Required
Please read this document in its entirety. You will be expected to abide by these policies and procedures. NOTE: You agreed to these "terms and conditions" at the start of your application.
Passport - Copy of Image Required
All participants of a MPCC mission trip must have or obtain a passport. Passport costs are not included in the trip cost. The Missions Ministry must receive a copy of your passport upon applying for a trip or as soon as you receive your new passport.
Copy must include the picture/info page and the signature page above (See attached IMAGE SAMPLE)
Passport must be signed
- Complete online application and 10% trip deposit
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, including passport and visa, by deadline. *See Forms tab*
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip. If a visa is required, your passport must have available visa pages.
- Immunizations: Mount Pleasant supports the recommendations of the CDC (The Center for Disease Control). Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov as well as your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Review trip policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Team Member Covenant at all times. *See Forms tab*
- Attend all team meetings, including debrief.
- NOTE: trip cost does not include: meals in transit, souvenirs, passport, applicable vaccinations.
- Review Fundraising Guide and begin fundraising. *See Forms tab*
- Submit payment(s), a copy of your passport photo page, and all paperwork by deadlines.
- Mark required meetings on your calendar.
- Start the process of obtaining or renewing passport, if necessary.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your Doctor.