Poland: Proem Basketball Camp
Proem is a non-profit Polish Christian mission working for the benefit of young people. The headquarters is in Warsaw with daily operations in the Christian Youth Center in Zakosciele. Proem Ministries has existed in Poland since 1990 and is based on the teaching of the Bible and Christian ethics, while working together with Polish churches as well as churches from other countries. Proem has organized summer and winter camps for children and youth from differing social classes and churches for over 20 years. Proem promotes recreation and relaxation that joins sports and games, along with Biblical teaching and spiritual growth.
Apart from summer and winter camps, Proem organizes sports tournaments, Bible correspondence courses, a coffee shop, Christian conferences, and training workshops. This summer, Mount Pleasant will be sending a team over to help Proem with their international summer BASKETBALL CAMP. We will be working with children from over five different countries as they come to play basketball and hear the word of God.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Approved team members can send completed forms and photocopies of your passport to:
Heidi; [email protected]
Mount Pleasant Christian Church
381 N Bluff Rd.
Greenwood, IN 46142
|$240.00||Deposit at time of application Due 10/31/2022|
|$2,160.00||Trip balance due Due 5/1/2023|
Oct 30 2022
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM EDT
This is informational meeting will give an overview of the mission partner, trip logistics and answer any questions one might have to make a decision to serve this summer with MPCC and Proem!
Jun 4 2023
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM EDT
Team Meeting 3 Required
NOTE: Your team will be invited up for a time of prayer at the end of the 9am service. Following prayer/end of service, you will gather in Room 306 for your meeting.
By this meeting we're really starting to feel like a team! Once again, we'll share in devotion and prayer, discuss cultural awareness, prepare a personal testimony, review logistics (field logistics, and do's/don'ts/no-no's), have questions answered, collect paperwork and/or funds. This is 60 days before the team leaves. Passport photo must be turned in if it hasn't been already! Everyone should be fully funded as well.
Team Member Covenant (purple form) Required
Completed by everyone
Confidential Health Questionnaire (orange form) Required
Completed by everyone
Adult Legal Release (green form) Required
Completed by participants 18 or older
Minor Legal Release (blue form) Required
Completed by parent/guardian for participants under 18
Permission to Travel in a Foreign Country (red form) Required
Completed by parent/guardian for participant under 18 attending a trip without a parent. Please note: THIS FORM MUST BE NOTARIZED.
Passport - Copy of Image Required
All participants of a MPCC mission trip must have or obtain a passport. Passport costs are not included in the trip cost. The Missions Ministry must receive a copy of your passport upon applying for a trip or as soon as you receive your new passport.
Copy must include the picture/info page and the signature page above (See attached IMAGE SAMPLE)
Passport must be signed
Policies and Procedures (Agreed to at time of Online Application) Required
Please complete the required release for Proem Ministries.
- Complete online application: Trip Deposit required
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, including passport and visa, by deadline. *See Forms tab*
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip. If a visa is required, your passport must have available visa pages.
- Immunizations: Mount Pleasant supports the recommendations of the CDC (The Center for Disease Control). Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov as well as your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Review trip policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Team Member Covenant at all times. *See Forms tab*
- Attend all team meetings, including debrief.
- NOTE: trip cost does not include: travel to Chicago, meals in transit, souvenirs, passport, applicable vaccinations.
- Review Fundraising Guide and begin fundraising. *See Forms tab*
- Submit payment(s), a copy of your passport photo page, and all paperwork by deadlines.
- Mark required meetings on your calendar.
- Start the process of obtaining or renewing passport, if necessary.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your Doctor.